Picking the brain of someone who has vast experience and knowledge in your chosen field can majorly help you reach success. Hardwork and perseverance definitely pay off, but having a mentor around to guide you and provide advice can save precious time instead of figuring out everything by yourself.
If you are interested in finding a mentor, better tune in on today’s episode because we will be discussing where to look and how to build a beneficial relationship. These people, depending on your needs, whether business or personal, will surely motivate you to reach your goals.
“You’ve got to be aware, and you’ve got to be able to or be willing to do stuff that kinda sucks. You’ve got to provide as much value as you can and it’s sometimes not usually glamorous at all but it’s mostly just helping people do stuff that they need done and then you’re picking on their brain the whole time.” – Bobby Hoyt
Welcome to the Laptop Empires podcast hosted by Bobby Hoyt (Millennial Money Man) and Mike Yanda (Red Dirt Marketing Co).
In this weekly podcast the former Band Director(Bobby) and Attorney(Mike) share cutting-edge strategies for growing online businesses. The duo pull on their experiences building blogs, online communities, and courses to grow businesses for themselves and other business owners.
Every episode is packed with content and actionable strategies presented in a laid back, conversational manner. No topic is too big or small for this no-filter show about making money online and having fun doing it.
Whether you’re a full-time entrepreneur, side hustler, or you’re thinking about joining this crazy online business world, you’ll want to join the Laptop Empires crew each Monday and learn how to create an online business that lasts.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- How to find a mentor
- The importance of your inner circle
- The value of having successful people around
- How you define the traits of successful people
- The importance of building relationship with successful people
- What you can do to learn from somebody you want
- The right and wrong way to approach your potential mentor
- The idea of providing value in exchange for mentorship
- Investment and partnership opportunities with successful people
- Other ways of finding mentors
Items Mentioned In The Show:
- Millennial Money Man
- Gary Vee
- Dear Newer Copywriters: I Can’t Mentor You For Free, But I Will Mentor You For Money. Here’s Why It Has To Be This Way… by Chris Orzechowski
Contact Bobby & Mike:
Enjoy the podcast?
Thanks for tuning in to this episode of the Laptop Empires Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!