One of the ways to diversify your income stream from your blog is through affiliate marketing. Many online businesses these days offer attractive affiliate programs as a tool to market their products or services effectively. Most bloggers would agree that this method could definitely generate a good amount of income especially if it’s done in the right manner.
If you are interested in learning more about how this stuff works, we highly suggest that you listen to us as we talk about it on today’s episode. Know the important things you need to understand and to consider before diving into affiliate marketing and to make this thing an effective source of income for you.
“People are coming to you because your opinion matters to them and so they want to know your experience. They want your review, they want your reference, and if you never used it, you can’t give them anything other than a surface-level review or a carbon copy of what another blogger has done. But if you can give your honest review, positives and negatives about a thing then people are going to trust it. And here’s the deal… business is about people liking you and trusting you, that TRUST component is really BIG.” – Mike Yanda
Welcome to the Laptop Empires podcast hosted by Bobby Hoyt (Millennial Money Man) and Mike Yanda (Red Dirt Marketing Co).
In this twice weekly podcast the former Band Director(Bobby) and Attorney(Mike) share cutting-edge strategies for growing an online businesses. The duo pull on their experiences building blogs, online communities, and courses to grow businesses for themselves and other business owners.
Every episode is packed with content and actionable strategies presented in a laid back, conversational manner. No topic is too big or small for this no-filter show about making money online and having fun doing it.
Whether you’re a full-time entrepreneur, side hustler, or you’re thinking about joining this crazy online business world, you’ll want to join the Laptop Empires crew each Monday and Thursday and learn how to create an online business that lasts.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- Things to keep in mind when you’re on affiliate marketing
- Why first impression matters
- What kind of person you would want to be when you’re on affiliate marketing
- The importance of putting focus on getting to know more people
- The importance of bringing value first before making a call to action
- How to have your own selling strategy
- About creating connection and making the sale
- The importance of promoting what you really use
- Why it is not right to push something that is not in your area of expertise
- The importance of recommending something that is useful over recommending something that has better affiliate program
- The importance of sharing your experience about the product/service
- The importance of trust factor and the risk of putting your reputation on the line
- Why you need to focus on your winners
Items Mentioned In The Show:
Contact Bobby & Mike:
Enjoy the podcast?
Thanks for tuning in to this episode of the Laptop Empires Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!