5 of The Best Places to Find Advertising Training Courses Online
Are you looking for advertising training courses so that you can level up your advertising game?
Advertising courses are a great way for digital marketers, bloggers, and other online business owners to learn as much as they possibly can about advertising online. And we’ve got a list of top courses from around the web to help you grow your knowledge.
The courses you’re going to learn about cover a wealth of valuable skills — how to run Facebook ads, Google AdSense, branding, the ethics of advertising, running ads on Pinterest, and a lot more. It’s safe to say there’s something on this list for everyone.
5 of The Best Places to Find Advertising Training Courses Online
1. Facebook Side Hustle Course
The Facebook Side Hustle Course is a video-based advertising training course that focuses specifically on digital marketing via Facebook, and it’s a good fit for a few different types of people:
- Side hustlers who want to earn extra income can make around $1,000-$2,000 per month running Facebook ads for local businesses
- Business owners can learn how to run Facebook ads
- Online entrepreneurs can learn how to start and run their own mini-digital marketing firms
Full disclosure, the Facebook Side Hustle Course is our baby, and we’ve actually seen our students use our course for each of those things we just listed above.
The reason this advertising training course is so versatile is because it gives you a comprehensive education on Facebook ads from the bottom up. The course starts with modules that walk you through every necessary function of the Facebook ad platform, the anatomy of a well-performing ad, levels of ad campaigns and other Facebook advertising basics.
From there, the modules will teach you about:
- Sales funnels: Learn what they are, about the client journey through a funnel, lead forms vs. conversions, how to create a landing page, how to set up a lead form, and more.
- ALL about ads: Learn how to choose the correct campaign objective, targeting, choosing images, direct response copywriting, etc.
- Facebook assets: We cover everything you need to know about the Facebook pixel and why it’s the key to getting amazing results with your ads — long story short, it’s used for retargeting and unlocks a bunch of really cool features.
- Walkthroughs: We lead you hand-in-hand through your first conversion campaign and first lead form campaign.
- Best practices: These are things like the Golden Rule and scaling your ads.
- Troubleshooting ads: This is just what it sounds like — how to identify the problem and find a solution.
Then, depending on why you’re taking the course, you can learn how to find clients, convert sales, onboarding, and more.
Oh yeah… this advertising course comes with a bunch of bonuses! It comes with an 8-step client call script, a system for following up on leads, a tracking system, and our favorite one of all…
One-month access to personal coaching inside the Laptop Empires Coaching & Support Community. You can meet other digital marketers and share strategies, successes, ask questions, and more. The first month is free, and you can pay for additional months if you want (a lot of our students do).
The Facebook Side Hustle Course is currently $497 for lifetime access and includes over $500 worth of bonuses. Click here to learn more about the course and hear from some of our students.
Lynda is an online learning platform from Linkedin and it has over 15,000 different expert-led courses on a variety of topics — here’s just a small sample of topics: drawing, accounting, computer skills, interior design, manufacturing, public relations, and video editing.
As far as advertising training courses, Lynda.com offers hundreds of courses and video tutorials. There are beginner to advanced level courses like:
- Marketing Foundations
- Learning Google AdSense
- Marketing to Generation Z
- Advertising on Pinterest
- Voice Search Marketing
- Marketing Ethics
- Managing Brand Reputation
- Offline Marketing Foundations
- Marketing for Social Change
- Setting a Marketing Budget
Lynda offers a diverse set of foundational skills that can help you advertise for your own business, gain advertising ideas, integrate new marketing technology, and more.
The advertising training courses on Lynda are free, but it costs $29.99 for a month of access or $19.99/month when you pay for a year. You do get a one-month free trial to Lynda, and you can get free access to Lynda courses through some libraries.
3. Facebook Blueprint
If you’re looking for more Facebook-specific advertising training, Facebook actually has its own training with Blueprint eLearning. The courses are free and cover beginner to advanced level courses, and they’re all-around 30 minutes or less.
Here’s a small sample of digital advertising training courses available on Facebook Blueprint eLearning:
- Ad Auction and Delivery Overview
- Targeting Custom Audiences
- Facebook Video Foundations
- Design Creative to Drive Action
- Optimizing Video for Mobile
- Measurement Opportunities
- Instagram for Business
- The Role of Creative in the Ad Auction
These courses are all self-paced, and all you need is a Facebook account to Blueprint eLearning courses. Check out the full list of courses here.
Facebook Blueprint also offers a series of paid certifications that measure your understanding of Facebook’s advertising platform and marketing services. They run about $150 each, but they are in no means necessary if you want to learn how to advertise on the platform. They’re also pretty new, so it’s hard to tell how much weight companies or clients are going to place on having those certifications.
Learn more at Facebook Ad Certification: Worth It or Worthless?
4. Advertising on Pinterest with Promoted Pins
Promoted Pins are Pinterest’s version of paid digital ads, and you use them to give a little extra exposure to certain pins. Just like Facebook ads, you can target certain demographics, devices, and customers who have already expressed some amount of interest in what you offer.
If you’re looking for a Pinterest-specific advertising course, the Become a Pinterest VA Today course has a decent amount of information about how to run Promoted Pins on Pinterest. The course is designed to teach virtual assistant skills, and Promoted Pins is one of over 10 different niche-specific skills you can learn in this course.
In addition to a refresher lesson on creating eye-catching pins, you’ll learn:
- How to install the Pinterest tag
- Different types of campaigns and when to use them
- Setting up conversions
- Tracking your results, and more
To learn more about what the course has to offer and our review of it, read How to Become a Pinterest Virtual Assistant in 2020. Or, you can go straight to the course page to learn more — Become a Pinterest VA Today!
5. Udemy.com advertising training courses
Udemy is an online learning platform that teaches a wide variety of courses that are geared towards professional students and casual learners. Over 50 million people have taken Udemy courses in the ten years since the platform launched.
In addition to courses on design, development, and IT, there are hundreds of marketing and advertising training courses. Here are just a few titles you might be interested in checking out:
- YouTube Ads Mastery: The Triple Threat Strategy
- Advanced Amazon Marketing – The Complete Amazon Ads Course
- Free MailChimp Mail List Building and Email Marketing
- Expert Training on TikTok Ads
- Bing Ads for Beginners
- Essentials of LinkedIn Advertising and LinkedIn Marketing
- Craigslist Posting: How to Create Ads That Sell
- The Complete Banner Ad Course – From Zero to Earning Online
Udemy courses vary in price, but they are almost always marked down and on sale for $20 or less. The majority of the courses are 1-2 hours long, video-based, and offer lifetime access.
You can search for courses based on length, price, ratings, language, subcategory, level, features, and more. You can start browsing Udemy’s selection of advertising courses here.
Learn more at:
- 5 of The Best Facebook Marketing Courses to Blow Your Mind
- Our Favorite Online Entrepreneur Courses and How to Pick One
- Blow Up Your Business With 19 of The Best Online Entrepreneur Courses
- 17 Free Blogging Courses That Will Blow Up Your Blog
The final word on online advertising training courses
First of all, good on you for wanting to expand your skills and taking the first step to making that happen. Too many people sit on their hands and put off learning until it’s too late.
Seriously, the online advertising world has gotten a little competitive. Sure, there’s still room out there to make money, but with the number of resources available, you have to give yourself an edge to stand out from everyone else.
The advertising training courses on this list will give you that edge, but only if you take what you’re learning seriously. Research the courses, listen to the testimonials, pick the right course (or two or three), and really spend time with your new-found knowledge.