In this increasingly digital world, online side hustles are becoming even more mainstream. And hey, who wouldn’t want to earn more money in this day and age where costs of living are undeniably rising? That’s why pursuing a side hustle is indeed a great option for most, if not all.
Plus January’s all about starting something new… a time to change your life. So, on today’s episode, we give you a list of the things to consider in finding a successful side hustle. These ideas that we share will hopefully help you decide to jump into the realm of an online side hustle NOW.
“If you want to start a side hustle, you should. We talk about January and I see this just as a personal finance blogger like everybody is, “This year, I’m gonna do this thing,” then I guarantee you that in July, I’ll do some post and be like, “Hey did you do something about your goals?,” and half of the people will say, “Nah, I didn’t do it this year, I’ll do it next year”. I think if you want to do anything in life, not just side hustle, if you really want to do something, you need to do it NOW… Whatever you want to jump into, now is the best time to do it because the world especially the internet world moves so fast now… If you want to do something, if you want to make great money, the land grab is always right now or you are going to be looking back a couple of years from now and be like, “Oh I wish I would have done x, y, z”. So just do it now!” – Bobby Hoyt
Welcome to the Laptop Empires podcast hosted by Bobby Hoyt (Millennial Money Man) and Mike Yanda (Red Dirt Marketing Co).
In this twice weekly podcast the former Band Director(Bobby) and Attorney(Mike) share cutting-edge strategies for growing an online businesses. The duo pull on their experiences building blogs, online communities, and courses to grow businesses for themselves and other business owners.
Every episode is packed with content and actionable strategies presented in a laid back, conversational manner. No topic is too big or small for this no-filter show about making money online and having fun doing it.
Whether you’re a full-time entrepreneur, side hustler, or you’re thinking about joining this crazy online business world, you’ll want to join the Laptop Empires crew each Monday and Thursday and learn how to create an online business that lasts.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- What to look for in a side hustle
- Why side hustle can be a bootstrap
- Can you do online business with low/no overhead
- Digital Marketing vs Blogging vs Freelance Writing
- Looking at the earning potential
- Timeframe consideration
- Is it possible to have a high payout compared to the work done
- The realm of copywriting
- Can you get a high pay with low time investment
- The impact you can have in transitioning from freelance writer to copywriter
- How can you build an asset that you can turn into something more down the road
- Realities of blogging
- Why you need to create your business in a cookie-cutter approach kind of way
- Importance of finding a side hustle that you do not hate
- When is the best time to start if you want to do something
Items Mentioned In The Show:
- Millennial Money Man
- Why We Think You Should Start an Online Business – Episode 01
- Facebook Ads for Bloggers Course
Contact Bobby & Mike:
Enjoy the podcast?
Thanks for tuning in to this episode of the Laptop Empires Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head er to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!