Ever imagine leaving your job to blog full time? The risk may be high but if your determination and perseverance is as strong as this guy, then why not?
On today’s episode, let’s all take a peek at a day in the life of a full-time blogger of the Millennial Money Man blog, our very own Bobby Hoyt. Let’s learn what it’s like to be a successful full-time blogger. Know how he manages his business, his work/life balance, and the things he is focusing on at the moment to grow his blog even more.
“I do just want to say for the new bloggers— one, I remember exactly the way it’s like when it was just me and it was just me writing content trying to figure all this stuff out on my own, but I think if you focus on what I mentioned earlier, creating the best damn content that you can; and focus on learning how to distribute that through email and grow your email list. If you do those two things you’re going to be successful and you’re going to make money. If you focus on everything, like grow every following you have… you’re not going to be as successful, like you’re just going to burn out.” – Bobby Hoyt
Welcome to the Laptop Empires podcast hosted by Bobby Hoyt (Millennial Money Man) and Mike Yanda (Red Dirt Marketing Co).
In this twice weekly podcast the former Band Director(Bobby) and Attorney(Mike) share cutting-edge strategies for growing online businesses. The duo pull on their experiences building blogs, online communities, and courses to grow businesses for themselves and other business owners.
Every episode is packed with content and actionable strategies presented in a laid back, conversational manner. No topic is too big or small for this no-filter show about making money online and having fun doing it.
Whether you’re a full-time entrepreneur, side hustler, or you’re thinking about joining this crazy online business world, you’ll want to join the Laptop Empires crew each Monday and Thursday and learn how to create an online business that lasts.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- What it looks like to be a full-time blogger
- Content, the meat of the blog
- How to plan and schedule content
- How to shift to a more informative blog post
- The importance of connecting to your audience through Facebook posts and email marketing
- Bobby’s approach to writing content
- The importance of hiring people to do time-consuming tasks and to free up most of your time
- The value of finding your superpower time in the day
- The importance of focusing on content delivery to the email list and to the community
- Effective email marketing that builds relationship with your audience
- Bobby’s recommendation on using social media
- How to get more revenue sources and negotiating with sponsored posts
- The importance of identifying the needle-moving things in your business
- The importance of focusing on things that will grow your traffic
Items Mentioned In The Show:
- Launch That Blog
- Millennial Money Man
- Millennial Money Man Facebook Group
- Laptop Empires
- Facebooks Ads for Bloggers
- Making Sense of Sponsored Posts by Michelle Gardner
- How to drive traffic with email marketing
Contact Bobby & Mike:
Enjoy the podcast?
Thanks for tuning in to this episode of the Laptop Empires Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!
Leave a Reply