YouTube has revealed that a billion hours are spent on the video streaming site each day, thus, this platform is undoubtedly a great opportunity for entrepreneurs to take a plunge into video marketing.
Creating a YouTube channel for your business or personal brand is going to take a lot of work but this is an exceptional way to revitalize your business or brand and potentially make more money at the same time.
It is truly an honor for us to have Talaat McNeely of His & Her Money joining us on today’s episode as he shares his expertise. So if you are ready to leverage the power of the second-largest search engine in the world after Google and grow your YouTube channel then stick with us as we give you a breakdown of the things that you need to consider in growing your YouTube channel.
“This is YouTube and people like authentic content. They don’t want you sitting there like a robot and trying to have this polished scripted message. They want you to be talking like you are talking here in the podcast, just being real, being yourselves, speaking in your voice. Because people can definitely pick up when it’s like you are talking from a teleprompter. Even if you are not talking from a teleprompter but it feels that way, it feels rehearsed, it feels scripted, you are not going to have the same impact as you would just sitting there talking in your pure voice, blemishes and all, being real and raw. Because no matter what your lane is, what your subject matter is, there is a tribe of people who are just like you, who get your personality, your style and there is going to be plenty of people who don’t. And you want the people that are supposed to be aligned with you, align with you. So if you come and you try to create content that’s mass appeal that is super polished and you kind of hide your personality like you don’t let it shine through, you’re building a false audience. So you want to be authentic out the gate.” – Talaat McNeely
Welcome to the Laptop Empires podcast hosted by Bobby Hoyt (Millennial Money Man) and Mike Yanda (Red Dirt Marketing Co).
In this twice weekly podcast the former Band Director(Bobby) and Attorney(Mike) share cutting-edge strategies for growing an online businesses. The duo pull on their experiences building blogs, online communities, and courses to grow businesses for themselves and other business owners.
Every episode is packed with content and actionable strategies presented in a laid back, conversational manner. No topic is too big or small for this no-filter show about making money online and having fun doing it.
Whether you’re a full-time entrepreneur, side hustler, or you’re thinking about joining this crazy online business world, you’ll want to join the Laptop Empires crew each Monday and Thursday and learn how to create an online business that lasts.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- How focusing on the numbers while starting your channel can impact your success
- What kind of mindset should you have
- What are the things to consider in choosing a channel name
- The importance of treating your videos like a TV show
- Why consistency plays a key role
- How to overcome the fear of recording on camera
- Impact of authentic content
- What is the right mentality in dealing with haters
- How powerful comments are
- How to kill the haters with kindness
- The significance of equipment and lighting
- What is the recommended upload frequency
- Why do you need to have a great thumbnail
- Do you need to spend so much to have a quality video
- Why do you need to have a trailer
- What are the ways to build your audience or subscribers
- How can collaboration help you
- How to choose the schedule of your upload
- What is the suggested duration of your video
- What are the things to remember in coming up with your title
Items Mentioned In The Show:
- Talaat McNeely of His & Her Money
- His & Her Money’s YouTube Account
- His & Her Money’s Instagram Account
- His & Her Money’s Twitter Account
- The Facebook Side Hustle Course
- Millennial Money Man
Contact Bobby & Mike:
Enjoy the podcast?
Thanks for tuning in to this episode of the Laptop Empires Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!