How many emails do you receive in a day? I get a ton and I’m sure you do too! But despite the large number of emails that flood our inboxes, there are some emails that draw your attention and compel you to click. And there are some people’s emails you just have to open every time.
You definitely want to be in the latter group, because email marketing is still the backbone of most online businesses. It’s a powerful way to reach and build a relationship with your target audience.
One of Bobby’s recent emails to his Millennial Money Man readers was a huge hit. The subject line was, “Here’s why I spent $3k for Ed Sheeran concert tickets in South Korea”. He masterfully blended a story from his personal life and a little humor to drive a ton of readers to his blog.
But how did he come up with such a ridiculously great email? Great question!
In today’s episode, we dive into the nuts and bolts of Bobby’s email copywriting process. So, let’s all hit that play button and explore the thinking behind this wildly successful email!
“It’s only spammy if you write spammy emails that suck. You write good emails then you’re delivering good content to them, it just happens to be via email. You’re able to take some kind of story that’s relatable to people, you make yourself relatable to the audience…” – Bobby Hoyt
Welcome to the Laptop Empires podcast hosted by Bobby Hoyt (Millennial Money Man) and Mike Yanda (Red Dirt Marketing Co).
In this weekly podcast, the former Band Director(Bobby) and Attorney(Mike) share cutting-edge strategies for growing online businesses. The duo pull on their experiences building blogs, online communities, and courses to grow businesses for themselves and other business owners.
Every episode is packed with content and actionable strategies presented in a laid back, conversational manner. No topic is too big or small for this no-filter show about making money online and having fun doing it.
Whether you’re a full-time entrepreneur, side hustler, or you’re thinking about joining this crazy online business world, you’ll want to join the Laptop Empires crew each Monday and learn how to create an online business that lasts.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- Why email marketing is important
- How Bobby starts writing an email copy
- Making your email entertaining and fun
- Bobby’s process in writing email copy
- Significance of using a personal story
- How to make the people in your cold email list start engaging
- How to get people take an action upon receiving your email
- Importance of subject line
- Does Bobby write the email first or headline first
- How Bobby comes up with the body of his email
- The power of PS
- Is call to action a must
- Why make fun of yourself
Items Mentioned In The Show:
- Chris Orzechowski
- Millennial Money Man
- Secret to Crafting a Killer Sales Page with Chris Orzechowski – Episode 22
- How to Create Great SEO Content in 2019 with Grant Sabatier – Episode 67
- Email Marketing for Bloggers: Why Do It and What to Do – Episode 79
- Bobby Hoyt’s “Here’s why I spent $3k for Ed Sheeran concert tickets in South Korea”
Contact Bobby & Mike:
Enjoy the podcast?
Thanks for tuning in to this episode of the Laptop Empires Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!