Have you ever heard, “Staying small is the next big thing for business”? This is actually a line from the title of the book “Company of One: Why Staying Small Is the Next Big Thing for Business” by Paul Jarvis. This approach is not a typical business model but definitely something to ponder.
If you haven’t had a chance to check out the book and you’re interested with the concept it’s presenting, today’s podcast episode is for you! We’re sharing our thoughts on this unique business strategy.
“The idea of making your business better instead of bigger. I think that it’s really a powerful thing because as business owners, we always think bigger… more revenue… scale, scale, scale… But if you focus on scaling the usefulness of your company like how much can you actually help people, what kind of problems can you solve, that kind of thing. Then you’re eventually going to build a company but you’re going to do it with a really solid foundation because you’re going to have customers that are more engaged, you’re going to have people that are repeat customers. There is a big section in the book about focusing on your current customers and making that experience better rather than just always trying to find new customers, and scaling the purposefulness of your business and how well you help people is a good way to do it.” – Bobby Hoyt
Welcome to the Laptop Empires podcast hosted by Bobby Hoyt (Millennial Money Man) and Mike Yanda (Red Dirt Marketing Co).
In this weekly podcast. the former Band Director(Bobby) and Attorney(Mike) share cutting-edge strategies for growing online businesses. The duo pull on their experiences building blogs, online communities, and courses to grow businesses for themselves and other business owners.
Every episode is packed with content and actionable strategies presented in a laid back, conversational manner. No topic is too big or small for this no-filter show about making money online and having fun doing it.
Whether you’re a full-time entrepreneur, side hustler, or you’re thinking about joining this crazy online business world, you’ll want to join the Laptop Empires crew each Monday and learn how to create an online business that lasts.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- The stigma of growing a business
- Building your business to fit your lifestyle vs. Building your business to look cool for other people
- The implication of hiring too many people
- How to determine what’s enough
- The significance of being comfortable to where you’re currently at
- Gaining the ability to be happy for other people’s success without getting jealous
- Being content can allow you to scale the business faster
- Fall into traps
- The importance of asking yourself, “What do you want life and business to look like”
- Building a purpose-driven business
- Staying lean and growing slow
- The idea of making your business better instead of bigger
- Define your own success
Items Mentioned In The Show:
- Company of One: Why Staying Small Is the Next Big Thing for Business by Paul Jarvis
- Laptop Empires
- Millennial Money Man
- The Facebook Side Hustle Course
- Robert Farrington
- Red Dirt Marketing
- Rand Fishkin
- Ben Chestnut
Contact Bobby & Mike:
Enjoy the podcast?
Thanks for tuning in to this episode of the Laptop Empires Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!