Building your own business is a fantastic idea BUT managing a business while simultaneously raising kids is a different story! You’ll face unique challenges on how to balance your responsibilities as a business owner and as a parent.
On our 95th podcast episode, our very own Mike Yanda– the co-founder of Laptop Empires and owner of Red Dirt Marketing shares his journey as a stay-at-home dad of two toddler sons and as a business owner. Let’s find out if there are things that have changed, now that both of his boys are a bit older. We hope you’ll be inspired to start your own side hustle, even if you’re a stay-at-home parent!
“I truly believe everybody should start an online business and I mean that. Everybody should start one, you should try to start a side hustle. Not everybody is cut out to be a business owner. That’s just the truth. Everyone should try it because it’s an incredible opportunity that’s never been this available before at any time in history. But if it doesn’t feel right, if it doesn’t work for you, there’s nothing wrong with that. I’m not one of those entrepreneurs that are going to shame people who work from 9AM to 5PM. There’s a lot of great things about 9AM to 5PM. Everybody should give it a shot. Just get over your excuses because we all have them.” – Mike Yanda
Welcome to the Laptop Empires podcast hosted by Bobby Hoyt (Millennial Money Man) and Mike Yanda (Red Dirt Marketing Co).
In this weekly podcast, the former Band Director(Bobby) and Attorney(Mike) share cutting-edge strategies for growing online businesses. The duo pull on their experiences building blogs, online communities, and courses to grow businesses for themselves and other business owners.
Every episode is packed with content and actionable strategies presented in a laid back, conversational manner. No topic is too big or small for this no-filter show about making money online and having fun doing it.
Whether you’re a full-time entrepreneur, side hustler, or you’re thinking about joining this crazy online business world, you’ll want to join the Laptop Empires crew each Monday and learn how to create an online business that lasts.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- Is it possible for a parent to start an online business or is Mike just a crazy person
- How do Bobby & Mike feel about people saying that they don’t have time
- What has changed in Mike’s day to day schedule now that both of his children are toddler, up and doing things
- How Mike balances when his kids want attention from him but he needs to get stuff done
- Mike has a mindset that he’s not going to have a business with a person who doesn’t like his kids. Is this something that he naturally has or he learned about this somewhere
- How does Mike unplugged
Items Mentioned In The Show:
- Laptop Empires
- Red Dirt Marketing
- How to Raise Your Kids and Grow Your Business at the Same Time – Episode 9
- Day in the Life of an Agency Owner – Episode 69
- How I Schedule My Day – Episode 77
Contact Bobby & Mike:
Enjoy the podcast?
Thanks for tuning in to this episode of the Laptop Empires Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!