Collaborating with other people to bring your brand or your business to the next level is something you might want to consider. It can open the doors to many other opportunities in the end. But what if these other people are your competitors? The thought of losing some of your audience to them sounds scary, but actually, it’s not like that.
In this episode we cover how to effectively collaborate in the industry we’re in, the benefits that await, as well as potential opportunities that can happen. Even though it sounds risky, it’s even riskier to NOT collaborate with other business owners. For us, we actually think of it as doing something cool together. So, tune in to this podcast episode and don’t miss the cool stuff.
“If you treat it that way like as a fun opportunity to work with another person, it’s going to come across genuine, it’s going to be more beneficial. It’s going to be a better project and a better collaboration. So start there. Start with making friends with the people in your industry because it’s good to have friends.” – Mike Yanda
Welcome to the Laptop Empires podcast hosted by Bobby Hoyt (Millennial Money Man) and Mike Yanda (Red Dirt Marketing Co).
In this weekly podcast, the former Band Director(Bobby) and Attorney(Mike) share cutting-edge strategies for growing online businesses. The duo pulls on their experiences building blogs, online communities, and courses to grow businesses for themselves and other business owners.
Every episode is packed with content and actionable strategies presented in a laid back, conversational manner. No topic is too big or small for this no-filter show about making money online and having fun doing it.
Whether you’re a full-time entrepreneur, side hustler, or you’re thinking about joining this crazy online business world, you’ll want to join the Laptop Empires crew each Monday and learn how to create an online business that lasts.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- How to grow your brand and collaborating with others
- The fear of promoting your competitor
- Doing what’s best for your audience
- The “borrowed authority”
- The importance of positioning yourself as an authority
- The value of growing your influence in your industry
- Why making relationships with people in your industry is important
- Making money through affiliates
- Our mission: Make money, help other people make money, and have a good time doing it
- The importance of reaching the value of your brand first before working with others
- The benefits for the person you promote and the benefits for you
- How to be strategic when doing direct collaborations
- The do’s and dont’s when making collaborations
Items Mentioned In The Show:
- Facebook Side Hustle Course
- Pat Flynn
- Frank Kern
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Erin Lowry from Broke Millennial
- Grant Sabatier from Millennial Money
- Michelle Schroeder-Gardner of Making Sense of Cents
- Jeff Rose
- High School Band Director Quits Job To Create $1 Million Business In 4 Years
- Kristin Larsen from Believe In A Budget
- Chris Orzechowski
- Become a VA Today
- Natalie Bacon
- Mike Heath
Contact Bobby & Mike:
Enjoy the podcast?
Thanks for tuning in to this episode of the Laptop Empires Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!